Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Google +1 Integrates with Google+

Perhaps Google, notoriously bad at social media (can you say Buzz or Wave?) is making some headway with Google +1 and Google+. Difficult to search on, but I'm seeing more people using both. Google+1 gives people  familiar with Facebook "like" the opportunity to like anywhere on the web with one click.

Google says
Today the +1 button appears on more than a million sites, with over 4 billion daily views, and we're extremely excited about this momentum.

My biggest issue with Google+, Google +1 and Google Music Beta is that they can't be used with a Google Apps domain login. For me that means doing most of my work in an open Chrome browser but keeping a Firefox window open signed into my gmail account only for those three products. If not for the Music Beta I'm sure I would use the other two much less.  I always remember to turn on the music (gotta have it, and I prefer Google Music to my other players, including iTunes), but my incentive for the other two is not as great. 

They have also integrated +1 with + (I really don't like the names, but I guess they are easy to remember).


Google is taking the best of Facebook and adding privacy and functionality - it's going to be an interesting social media battle between the two behemoths. I currently use Facebook much more than Google+ simply because of the number of people on Facebook. We'll see if Google can make a dent in that. 


 Visit On-Site Technical Solutions for information on how you can move to Google Apps or other Cloud Computing applications. Call us for all of your network computing and business IT needs. We can also help with your data security and mobile computing. Follow us online below. Call or text me at 1-949-212-2168.

Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
View our profile on LinkedIn

No comments:

Add to Technorati favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites