Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A new frontier for Google Maps: mapping the indoors






Is this cool, scary or a little of both? I happen to be geographically challenged, so I have a feeling I'll be using this new tool. Lucky for me I have an Android.

When you’re inside an airport, shopping mall or retail store, a common way to figure out where you are is to look for a freestanding map directory or ask an employee for help. Starting today, with the release of Google Maps 6.0 for Android, that directory is brought to the palm of your hands, helping you determine where you are, what floor you're on, and where to go indoors.
Official Google Blog: A new frontier for Google Maps: mapping the indoors:



Visit On-Site Technical Solutions for information on how you can move to Google Apps or other Cloud Computing applications. Call us for all of your network computing and business IT needs. We can also help with your data security and mobile computing. Follow us online below. Call or text me at 1-949-212-2168.

Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
View our profile on LinkedIn

 

Technorati Tags

No comments:

Add to Technorati favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites