Wednesday, April 7, 2010

iPhone As Credit Card

Starbucks sent me an email (yes, I frequent Starbucks - no Dunkin' out here!) explaining how I can use my iPhone to pay for my purchases at Starbucks in Target Stores.

This really isn't an ad for Starbucks, by my wonderment at how the world of technology is changing. Whether I'm using an iPhone, droid or Blackberry, my smartphone will be a significant part of my connection to the world. Which smartphone I use will probably end up being a result of which vendor has the app I need - for my business or personal life.

Businesses that underestimate the importance of  mobile computing to finding and connecting with their customers will be losing a significant competitive advantage in the short term. In the longer term our mobile computing will simply be a part of most everyone's lives.



Just download the application, enter your Starbucks Card number and your iPhone™ 'becomes' your Starbucks Card (showing a barcode you hold up at the checkout to pay).
With the application, you not only have the ability to pay at your nearest Target® Starbucks store with your phone, but you can also register your card, check your balance, reload it using your credit card, and enjoy rewards like free brewed coffee refills.
Now you can pay using the Starbucks Card Mobile App on your iPhone™/iPod touch® at your nearest Starbucks location in Target® stores. It's revolutionary. It's fast. So fast you could probably call, pay and sip all in one go.

Visit On-Site Technical Solutions for information on how you can move to Google Apps or other Cloud Computing applications. We can also help you with your mobile computing. You should follow us on Twitter here. Call or text me at 949-212-2168.


Technorati Tags

No comments:

Add to Technorati favorites

Add to Technorati Favorites